So far in this book you have learned how to hack different systems as well as how to get into the mindset of a hacker. However, just like anything out there, there are techniques that you can use in order to be a more effective hacker.
- Anonymity: Hackers don’t want you knowing that they got into your system. In doing this, they are going to make sure that they do anything that they can in order to not leave a trace. In doing this, they will use
- – Proxies or secured tunnels
- – Software that will hide their IP address
- – Will use other people’s usernames and passwords without using his own
- – Programming that is written in C
- – Or a telnet that will hide him and his task execution.
- – Proxies or secured tunnels
- Getting Out: Any good hacker is going to make sure that they do not leave any trace on your computer so that you never know they were there. In the process of getting out the hacker is going to leave all your files alone, however, he is going to leave a “backdoor” open so that he is able to get back into your computer at a later date.
- Gather information about the target: When hacking someone, it is important to get as much information on them as you possibly can. In doing this, you’re going to want information such as:
– Their IP address
– Telnet or Tracert in order to look at the pings of when someone is on the computer
– And be resourceful. Find out as much about your target as you possibly can get.
4. Log the keystrokes: as a hacker, you are able to use programs that will review every keystroke that someone has made on their computer and that alone can reveal a person’s identity.
5. Go for passwords: when trying to hack passwords, it is best to try and go with the simple algorithms that create a combination of letters, symbols, and numbers. This is a trial and error method. You’ll need to make well educated guesses and use dictionary attacks so that you can generate every possible combination of the password.
6. Leave a virus: this is a simple way to get back into a computer. Leaving a viruscan be done by simply sending out an email or instant message to any potential victims.
7. Gain entry through a backdoor: this is extremely similar to hacking a password. There are many hackers who develop codes and programs that will look for defenseless pathways into networks as a way to enter the network without ever having to use a password.
8. Spy on email: this is a program that can be used so that you can interrupt and read emails.
9. Make zombie computers: this is when a computer is used by a hacker to place DDoS attacks and send out spam emails. If an innocent user clicks on the link that you send out, it will open up a connection between your computer and his.
10. Make sure that you have a firewall up so that you have restricted access to any personal information that may go outside of your computer.
11. Use a proxy server: when you decide to use the computer, make sure that you target proxy servers.
12. Use search engines: this will help you to find the tools that you need in order to hack a system. From here, you can download the tools that you need in order to target a specific computer.
13. Leave a file or two on the computer: this will allow you to gain easy access back into the computer at a later date. You can leave files such as Net cat in order to gain access again.