Learning how to turn out to be hacker is not seeing that simple seeing that learning to become an application programmer. My spouse and i realized this as i started seeking learning sources pertaining to basic hacking men and women accomplish. Perhaps to start doing the best compromise about very own, any hacker calls for to obtain detailed information about a number of subjects. A lot of people advocate minimal information about number of selection dialects including C, Python, HTML having Unix os aspects and also networking knowledge is needed to start off learning hacking methods. Many men and women (including myself previous to doing exploration with this article) think that they become a hacker with a couple totally free hacking equipment on internet. Their accurate that a number of common sorts of hacking may be simply completed with assist regarding equipment, nonetheless doing it doesn’t truly make you any hacker. An accurate hacker would be the person who can buy any weaknesses and also produce an application to help use and/or show it.
Hacking it isn’t just with regards to knowing “how points work”, although it’s with regards to knowing “why points work that way” and also “how can easily most of us challenge it”.
Are a number of truly practical hacking training and also sources you really should discover in your trip regarding learning to compromise.
Beginners Tutorials(Hacking For Dummies)
These tutorials are not really simple for anyone who is just starting to learn hacking techniques. However, these should be simple starting point for you
- Hacking Tutorials for Beginners – By BreakTheSecurity.com
- How to learn Ethical hacking – By Astalavista.com
- Penetration Testing Tutorial – By Guru99.com
- Backtrack Penetration Testing Tutorial
- Introduction to Penetration Testing
- Information Gathering with Nmap
- Simple How To Articles By Open Web Application Security
- The Six Dumbest Ideas in Computer Security
- Secure Design Principles
- 10 steps to secure software
- How to be Anonymous?
Cryptography Related Tutorials
Cryptography is must know topic for any aspiring security professional or a ethical hacker. You must understand how encryption and decryption is done. You must understand why some of the old encryption techniques do not work in modern computing world.
- Introduction to Public Key Cryptography
- Crypto Tutorial
- Introduction to Cryptography
- An Overview of Cryptography
- Cryptography Tutorials – Herong’s Tutorial Examples
- The Crypto Tutorial – Learn How to Keep Secret Secret
- Introduction to cryptology, Part 1: Basic Cryptology Concepts
Websites For Security Related Articles
Continuous learning about latest security issues, news and vulnerability reports are really important for any hacker or a security professional. Some of the sites that keep publishing informative articles and news are listed here.
- DEF CON – Hacking conference
EBooks And Whitepapers
Some of the research papers by security experts and gurus can provide you a lot of information and inspiration. White papers can be really difficult to read and understand therefore you may need to read them multiple times. Once you understand the topic well, reading will become much faster and you will be able to skim through a lot content in less time.
- Handbook of Applied Cryptography – This ebook contains some free chapter from one of the popular cryptography books. The full book is also available on amazon at Cryptography Book.
- Network Penetration testing Guide
- How to hack anything in Java
- Mcafee on iPhone and iPad Security
- A Good Collection of White papers on security and vulnerabilities – This site contains collection of white papers from different sources and some of these white papers are really worth referring.
- Engineering Principles for Information Technology Security
- Basic Principles Of Information Protection
- Open Web Application Security Project – OWASP is one of the most popular sites that contains web application security related information .
Videos & Play Lists
Those who like to watch video tutorials, here are few I liked. However there are many small video available on youtube. Feel free to explore more and share with us if you like something.
- Cryptography Course By Dan Boneh Stanford University
- Open Security Training– Youtube Playlist of More than 90 hours. I have found this to be the biggest free training available for security related topic.
- OWASP AppSec USA 2011: Youtube Playlist containing compilation of OWASP conference highlight in 2011.
- Defcon: How I Met your Girlfriend – Defcon is one of the most popular hacker conference. The presenters in this conference are well know inside the hacking industry.
- Defcon: What happens when you steal a hackers computer
- Defcon: Nmap: Scanning the Internet
- Public Key Cryptography: Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange
- Web application Pen testing
- Intro to Scanning Nmap, Hping, Amap, TCPDump, Metasploit
Forums For Hackers And Security Professionals
Just like any other area, forums are really great help for learning from other experts.
- Stackoverflow for security professionals
Vulnerability Databases And Resources
Vulnerability Databases are the first place to start your day as a security professional. Any new vulnerability detection is generally available through the public vulnerability databases. These databases are a big source of information for hackers to be able to understand and exploit/avoid/fix the vulnerability.
Specific Product Vulnerability Information
Some of the very popular products in the world require a special attention and therefore you may want to look at the specific security websites directly from vendors. I have kept Linux. Microsoft and apache in this list, however it may apply to any product you may be heavily using.
- Red Hat Security and other updates Site
- Microsoft Products Security Bulletin
- Apache Foundation Products Security Repository
- Ubuntu Software Security Center
- Linux Security Repository
Tools For Hacking / Security
Read Here About hacking tools in kali linux
Read Here About hacking facebook e book
There are dozens of tools available for doing different types of hacking and tests. Tools are really important to become more productive at your work. Some of the very common tools that are used by hackers are listed here. You may have different choice of tools based on your own comfort.