If you’re Facing ‘No Hardware Installed Problem’ and still didn’t work after restarting your Mac, but your unable to fix it and did many Google about it but found on straight tutorial for it.
Resetting the (SMC) System Management Controller First!
If you’re using a device that doesn’t have a removable battery, which is pretty much all devices that Apple has made for a very long time, you’ll need to close down your apps and then use a simple key combination.
Newer MacBook without a Removable Battery
- Plug the laptop into a power source
- Press and hold all of these keys at the same time: Control + Shift + Option + Power
- Release the keys
- Press the Power button to turn it back on
This should fix the problem — it definitely fixed the issue for us.
Older MacBook with Removable Battery
If you’re using an older device that has a removable battery, you can use a slightly different method for resetting the system management controller.
- Unplug the laptop
- Remove the battery
- Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds
- Put the battery back in and turn everything back on
Mac Mini, Pro, or iMac
If you’re using an Apple desktop, the process is very simple.
- Turn it off and unplug from the wall
- Wait 15 seconds (or a few more to be sure)
- Plug it back in and turn it on
At this point your problems should be solved, and hopefully you can get back to whatever you were doing.