Facebook, the number one Social Networking Website Owned by the CEO Mark Zuckerberg has once again fooled its users for its own benefit.
We all know, these days, Facebook is doing the changes very frequently and some of these changes are quite noticeable even in the first look. But this time, Facebook has changed something which has gone unnoticed by most of its customers.
In 2010, Facebook introduced a new feature called Facebook Email to give its customers a unique identity. But somehow it didn’t get success and the majority of the Facebook users still used their personal email ids in order to identify themselves.
Facebook didn’t do anything at that time but now surprisingly, Facebook itself has changed all the users’ email IDs by the Facebook email ids without even intimating it to its users. It can also be known as the “Facebook lame attempt to force its email service on you”.Now when someone views somebody’s profile, he/she will only be able to see the Facebook email-id of that person and not his/her actual email-id.
Whats exactly the facebook email-id:
The Facebook email-id is nothing but your Facebook username followed by @facebook.com.So if you have the Facebook username say XYZ, then your Facebook email-id will be [email protected]
This Change has still got a solution:
Although Facebook users have not been intimated about the change, the good thing is they are left with an option to get rid of this. It’s up to the users now if they are okay with it and want to go on with the change or they just want to revert to their original email-ids.
How to Revert to Original Email-Ids:
For making your original email-ids visible on your timeline instead of Facebook ids, all you need to do is
- 1) Go to your profile, click on “About”.
- 2) Then reach out to the “Contact Info”.
- 3) Click on the “Edit” button.
- 4) You will see the option of Emails on the top. You would see two email ids-one would be your personal email id that you want to show on your timeline and the other one is your Facebook email id. It would just look like the one shown below.
- 5) As you can see in the picture above, there are small circles in front of each email id. By default, Facebook has hidden your personal email-id from the timeline and made your Facebook id visible as you all can see.
- 6) All you got to do is click on the arrow beside the circle of that email-id which you want to make visible on your profile(in our case, it would be your personal email-id which is the 1st one) and click on “Shown on Timeline”.
- 7) Finally click on Save and you are done.
It’s your wish now if you want to hide your Facebook id from your profile or not. You can do it also following the same procedure.
Why did it all happen:
A spokesperson for the social network said :
“As we announced back in April, we have been updating addresses on Facebook to make them consistent across our site.
In addition to everyone receiving an address, we’re also rolling out a new setting that gives people the choice to decide which addresses they want to show on their timelines.
Ever Since the launch of timeline, people have had the ability to control what posts they want to show or hide on their timelines, and today we’re extending that to other information they post, starting with the Facebook address.”
Liked my article? Please Join Our Blog to stay updated with lots more. Thank you for reading!