Today we’re going to configure Kali Linux on AWS Cloud with public IP Address. If you wanna use static IP Address for Kali Linux you have to create an Elastic IP Address, Because if you restart your instance it will create a new public IP Address for you so it’s better if you using Elastic IP Address to connect to your Kali Linux instance.
How to create Kali Linux Instance on AWS?
First create an account on aws.amazon.com if you already have an account just login.
- Get started with EC2 Instance.
- Search for Kali Linux in AWS Marketplace.
How to Access your Instance?
To access your instance:
- Open an SSH client. (find out how to connect using PuTTY)
- Locate your private key file (your_key_here.pem). The wizard automatically detects the key you used to launch the instance.
- Your key must not be publicly viewable for SSH to work. Use this command if needed:
chmod 400 your_key_here.pem
- Connect to your instance using its Public DNS:
ssh -i "your_key_here.pem" [email protected]
Please note that in most cases the username above will be correct, however please ensure that you read your AMI usage instructions to ensure that the AMI owner has not changed the default AMI username.