WhatsApp being the most popular chatting app has always been in news for its privacy updates. There are a lot of things that can be customized in the settings of WhatsApp including the last online options. Last seen could be shown to Everyone, Contacts or Nobody.
We always wanted to have a feature where we could hide our last seen from some contacts. Finally, we can do that by following a few simple steps.
WhatsApp is bringing a new cool privacy feature where WhatsApp users can hide their last seen from some particular contacts. This would be similar to WhatsApp status settings which are as “My Contacts Except” option in last seen privacy settings.
How to hide WhatsApp last seen from some contacts?
- Open the WhatsApp application on your phone.
- On the top right corner click on three dots.
- Select “Settings” from the list.
- Now click on “Account” from all the options.
- Several options would appear from Account, click on “Privacy”.
- Click on “Last Seen”.
- Four options would be available to you: “Everyone, My Contacts, My Contacts Except…, Nobody”
- Select the “My Contact Except” option.
- A list of your contacts would appear, select the contacts you want to hide your last seen from.
- Automatically new settings would be updated on your WhatsApp account and you’re last seen would be get hidden from the contacts you chose.
So by following these simple steps you would know how to hide WhatsApp last seen from some contacts.
There are several privacy settings options in WhatsApp. Many users have extreme privacy concerns from WhatsApp especially after some last updates but WhatsApp is end-to-end encrypted.
It is better to update your settings from time to time for a better security experience. This new version is only available in the beta version and all users would get it after some time. Make sure your update and backup your app so all security updates could reach you sooner.