If you’re jealous of Apple’s Find my iPhone feature, then there is a perfect alternative for Android. ADM(Android Device Manager) is one of the most useful Android hacks that lets you easily locate your lost or stolen Android device and the feature is really easy to use.
Aside from locating your missing phone, this feature also lets you change your phone’s PIN in order to protect your confidential information. You can also erase everything off the phone.
In this article we will tell you how to use ADM(Android device manager) with your device so that your phone and data are safe all the time.
Method 1: Android Device Manager Website
This is probably the most used method on how to use Android device manager. Even though the official Android Device Manager app is available on the Google Play Store, the web page has been around for a long time and this is the ideal way to locate your phone if you don’t have an alternative Android device. So let’s get start
1) Go to your PC’s web browser and open the Android Device Manager Web Page. This page will be the platform to find the phone and use other features of the service. You can also use this web page on another device, such as another phone or a tablet.
2) Login with your Google account details and click on the Accept button in the Welcome popup. Make sure that you sign in with the Google account that you use on your Android device.
3) Open the Google Settings app on your Android device, tap on Android Device Manager and make sure that the Remote locate this device and Allow remote lock and erase options are checked. If you cannot enable the Remote locate this device option, go to Location in the Google Settings app and enable the Access Location option.
4) After enabling these options, you’ll get an Activate device administrator popup message. Tap on the Activate button.
5) You should now see the name of your device on the Android Device Manager website that you opened earlier on your PC. If you have multiple devices active, they will appear separately. You’ll be able to see the exact location of your device along with the last used and last located time. In order to change the name of the device, click on the Pen button in the top right corner next to the name of your device.
6) If you would like your device to ring at full volume, select the Ring option. This is a great way to locate your device if you can’t find it inside your house. Click on the Ring button in the Ring device popup.
7) In order to lock your phone with a new password, select the Lock option. Enter the password and retype it in the confirmation popup. Click on the Lock button in order activate the password and lock the phone. Your device will now be locked and others won’t be able to access your data.
8) To delete everything from your phone, select the Erase option. Click on Erase in the confirmation Erase all data popup. All your data will now be deleted and others won’t be able to view anything on your device. Make sure you backup your info beforehand.
Method 2: Android Device Manager App
The official Android Device Manager app was added to the Google Play Store recently and it is available for free. The app basically uses the exact same layout as the web page and you can use it on an alternative Android device when locating your Android phone. Remember that this app is to be used on the alternate Android device that you will use in order to locate the original Android device.
1) Download and install the Android Device Manager app on your Android device. You can get the app through the Google Play.
2) Open the app, login with your Google account details and tap on Accept in the Welcome popup message.
3) Follow Step 3 and Step 4 from Method 1 in order to activate the Android Device Manager service on your phone. Once the service is activated, you’ll see the location of your phone in the app.
4) In order to Ring the device, tap on the Ring option and press the Ring button in the Ring device popup.
5) To lock the device, select the Lock option, enter the password that you want to set and tap on the Lock button.
6) Select the Erase option to delete all your data and tap on the Erase button in the Erase device popup.
This is it. Do share if you like this article. If you have any queries about anything let me know in the comments. Thank you for reading!