Sometimes we forget the passwords of the network we were connected to in the past and get trouble connecting our device again to those networks. Well, there are simple steps that can let you know how to view saved Wi-Fi passwords on Android.
See Passwords on Android Without Root:-
On Android 10, you do not necessarily require a rooted device to view passwords. Make sure that your device could only find passwords of the networks it connected to in the past. Follow these steps.
- Open “Settings”.
- Go to “Network & Internet.”
- Click on Wi-Fi.
A list would appear and at the start of the list, you can view your current Wi-Fi network.
Select your current Wi-Fi network or a past connection in the Saved networks list to view options for the network.
- After that choose the “Share button”.
- Confirm your face or fingerprint, or you can also enter your PIN code, to continue.
- After that, you will find your network’s Wi-Fi password listed below a QR code.
- You can get the connection through a password or through a QR code.
See Passwords on Android 9
For Android 9, you would require a rooted Android device. Your phone probably does not feature the above methods for viewing passwords. You can however view the passwords in other ways.
There is a file that is stored in the protected directory of your phone’s storage. that file contains all the information regarding Wi-Fi credentials for saved networks For reaching out to that credential file, you require acknowledgment and that could only be done on a rooted device.
Follow these steps:-
- Go head to Data.
- From there Click Misc.
- Select WiFi.
- Make sure to use a file explorer app that supports root browsing.
- Go to wpa_supplicant.conf.
- Here you can view your network name (SSID) and its password (PSK).
If you are still encountering some trouble you can try your luck using an Android Wi-Fi password viewer app like WiFi Password Viewer. These kinds of apps enable you to choose a saved network to view the password. These apps also require rooted devices.
It is also advised to use a password manager. It helps you to keep a record of the password and you need not worry about anything. These are the easy steps on how to view saved Wi-Fi passwords on an android.