- Main required dependency for WingIDE is “libqt4-webkit”. To Install it, we first need to install Synaptic Package Manager. Install SPM by following command:
# sudo apt-get install synaptic -y
- When installation is completed, open Synaptic Package Manager by searching for “synaptic” in Launchpad.
- Now click on “Search” and search for “libqt4-webkit“
- Select the box before its name and select “Mark for installation”. Click Apply to install this.
- Now, it’s time to Restart Kali Linux.
# sudo init 6
- Download latest available stable version of WingIDE from following link.
Current latest version available is: 5.1.7-1 (rev 33992), so I’ll download file: wingide5_5.1.7-1_amd64.deb.
- Open the Terminal window and follow the below given steps.
# cd /root/Downloads
# dpkg -i wingide5_5.1.7-1_amd64.deb
- It should be successfully installed now and display following screen (some comments may be changed, but there must be no error.)
- Now open newly installed WingIDE by searching for “wing” in Launchpad as shown below.
Installing & Configuring WingIDE on Kali Linux