Hello, Here an interesting news that microsoft is spying on us, you might have a questions on your mind? that is that possible? is that legal or really it’s spying on us. They are spying on your via Network Connectivity Status Indicator √ Microsoft admitted that they DO NOT NOTIFY the user Before attempting to collect informations, infact it is automatically done if you have the Internet!
So each time we start it, our PC makes a connectivity request to a text file into the NCSI Server of Microsoft ( 188.8.131.52 & dns.msftncsi.com ).
The file is placed here: http://www.msftncsi.com/ncsi.txt
They said that “These IP addresses are not used to identify users, and in many cases, they are the address of a network address translation (NAT) computer or proxy server, not a specific client behind that NAT computer or proxy server.”
Alright… So Someone may say that it is a service to help native users see a yellow icon if there is a limited connectivity.
But… ask to yourself, why should Microsoft needs to get all these Personal Informations from Us (stored in that way)?.
Isn’t a “Legal” Spy System? … well , if you feel ashamed from all of this, we will teach you How to Block all that stuff!.
So, if you Wanna Block the Microsoft “Auto IP-Listening” Service? Act as below:
1) Open REGEDIT and press Enter
2) Go on HKEY_LOCAL_MACJONE
4) Click on SYSTEM
5) Click on CurrentControlSet
6) Click on Services
7) Click on NLaSvc
8) Click on Parameters
9) Click on Internet
10) On the right side look for “EnableActiveProibing” and set his Value to “0”
There’s another way on how they can Track us, by using our Local Computer Policy Editor. Wanna be more secure? You’ll have to deactivate the “Windows Network Connectivity Status Indicator active tests”.
How can you do it?
Follow these steps:
1) Search for gpedit.msc and click on it, the Local Computer Policy Editor will appear
2) Go here: Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Internet Communication Management > Internet Communication Settings
3) Look for “Windows Network Connectivity Status Indicator active tests” and turn it OFF.
Other way to block your connection with Microsoft DNS Servers.
1) Navigate here: c:windowssystem32driversetchosts
2) Open the file with NOTEPAD or another Text Editor:
3) Paste these following lines at the end of the File: 127.0.0.1 msftncsi.com 127.0.0.1 184.108.40.206 127.0.0.1 dns.msftncsi.com
4) What’s next? Of Course you must Save it!.
Congratulations! You have now stopped to send all your Connection Details to Microsoft!.