The increasing popularity of Linux laptops and phones are indicating that sooner they would replace Android and Apple. There is no denying fact that Linux operating systems are one of the best and loved by hackers as well. Linux-based smartphones can be useful for penetration testers as well for deploying tools and conducting various attack methods and can be used for scanning purposes.
Most people now prefer Linux over windows. It is fast, simpler to use, and less resource-consuming. The robotics systems of Linux are by far the best.
PinePhone is a famous Linux phone. You can consider buying this phone due to the following reasons.
- It has several operating systems like Manjaro with Plasma mobile OS, Sailfish OS, UBports, etc.
- Through pogo pins, you can add custom hardware extensions to the phone.
- Its privacy and security are fabulous. From Bluetooth to cameras everything has its privacy tweaks.
- It has a display of a 1440×720p IPS screen.
- PinePhone has a Quad-core processor and 2/3 Gigs of RAM.
- It comes with a bootable microSD card for installation purposes.
- It 16/32 GB eMMC storage options available.
- 2 GB RAM and 16 GB storage) by default.
- The convergence edition of the PinePhone possesses 3GB RAM AND 32 GB storage.
- PinePhones are affordable with prices of $149 in 2GB RAM and $199 in 3GB RAM.
It is also one of the most popular and amazing Linux phones. It has one of the best privacy features one can ever imagine. Its features include:-
- Being an open-source operating system, i.e., PureOS, it is an ideal phone for people who prefer privacy in smartphones over anything.
- Librem 5 has 3 Gigs of RAM.
- It has a quad-core Cortex A53 chipset.
- It has a 4,500 replaceable mAH battery.
- 32 GB storage with 3GB memory.
- It has 5.7 inches screen.
- Its security updates are regular and would continue for a long time.
- Kill switches available for Bluetooth, camera, and microphone considering privacy concerns.
Pro 1X has also made it to our best Linux phones list due to several reasons.
- It has several operating systems Ubuntu Touch, Lineage OS, and Android.
- It has a QWERTY keypad.
- Pro 1 X has a Snapdragon 662 processor.
- 6 GB of RAM.
- A 5.99-inch gorilla glass AMOLED Full HD display.
- A dual SIM smartphone.
- It carries fingerprint sensors.
- 154 x 73.6 x 13.98 mm dimensions.
- The weight of pro 1X is 243 grams.
Fairphone is also one of the most popular Linux phones.
- It has a customized version of Android that is Fairphone OS.
- It is an easy repairable phone as it is quite sustainable.
- 48 MP camera sensor for Fairphone 3+.
- It possesses a 5.65-inch full-HD display.
- It has Qualcomm processors which power the device.
- Privacy and security options are fabulous as well.
- It has a 3,040 mAH battery capacity.
Volla Phone is another amazing Linux phone.
- It operates on Ubuntu Touch by UBports.
- It possesses a customized operating system.
- The phone is pretty fast and easy with amazing privacy features.
- It has a pre-built VPN.
- Volla Phone has an Octa-core MediaTek processor.
- It is equipped with a 4700 mAh battery.
- It contains a 16MP front camera with 16MP + 2MP rear double camera.
- It’s a dual SIM smartphone.
- It possesses fingerprint sensors.
- 6.3-inch screen size with V-Notch.
- Available in slate grey and white colors.
Before buying make sure to check the shipping risks, availability, expiration, accessories, and price. This smartphone might be hard for a regular user. Do proper research. They are not a duplicate of your iOS or Android devices, so check either they are fulfilling your requirements or not before actually buying it.