Tech experts have always recommended cleaning devices internally and externally. As the regular maintenances lack, devices especially Windows clutter up the data leaving no storage behind. As a result, devices slow down and refuse to install any more programs. Let’s clean the Windows before further mess turns up!
STEP 1: Wipeout Temporary Mess
Don’t rush out the cleaning process by any app, as it will not benefit you in the longterm. In your Windows, appliances are available for cleaning up the mess of junk files and data.
Start with your “Storage” and systematically clean your Windows. Follow the below-listed steps:
- Go to the “Settings” of your PC
- Then, Click on “System“
- The system will lead you to the “Storage” option
- There you can enable the storage by clicking on “On“
- Then go to “Configure Storage Sense Or Run It Now“
- There you can manage your entire storage and delete unnecessary data automatically
- In storage data, you will find “Temporary Files” and “Disk Cleanup“
- In other categories, delete the unused and unnecessary files and data
You can also take down your files by opting for “Windows Disk Cleanup”. Its process is quite simple and reliable.
1. Go to the Start menu and click on “Disk Cleanup”. A list of data and files will appear. Delete all the unnecessary files
2. Click on “Cleanup System Files“, and get rid of more unneeded data from every category including images, videos, recordings, files, downloads
3. Go to “Recycle Bin” and restore anything in case you deleted something imperative
4. Check out the “Previous Windows Installations” and “Windows ESD Installation Files” options. But, DO NOT delete and pretty much ignore it, as they can help you to restore any essential data which was recently deleted
STEP 2: Delete Large Files
Now it is time to search and get rid of the large hidden files consuming storage in your PC, after removing the irrelevant data from the disk. It is possible through an app called “TreeSize Free”. It will be able to locate the larger files occupying the storage unnecessarily:
1. From the Start menu, open TreeSize Free. Click on “Select Directory” and then “Main Storage Disk”. Here, a list of files from larger to lesser will appear
2. Click on “Programs Files” and whichever file you wish to uninstall, delete it by going to “Settings”. There, click on “Apps” and from apps, click on “Apps and Features” and delete that file.
3. You also delete unneeded files and data by clicking on the “User” account folder. Delete all the files and data you do not require anymore and you are good to go.
STEP 3: Space up Windows 10 Bloatware
Almost all the personal computers already have junked up the mess that causes a heavy burden on storage. You can easily remove it through apps such as “DISM” and “Powershell”.
STEP 4: Reset Your Desktop
Once you delete files, now it is the best time to reset the desktop files by storing them. Set the files and data of the desktop in order, leaving much room and space for convenience. You can also set the most needed files on the desktop and the rest on the other locations.
STEP 5: Cleaning Apps
Almost all the cleaning apps are fake and a scam. Furthermore, they are not recommendable. In fact, those apps take up the storage of your PC. They can also endanger the privacy of your PC. Whenever it comes to tiding the Windows, try to use the features provided within the PC as much as possible.
By following the above-mentioned steps, you can easily get rid of all the hidden unnecessary data by functioning your PC. Showing patience, using long-term effective methods, and avoiding fake cleaning apps are the only secret keys to clean Windows 10. Use these methods after every few months to keep up with the space and storage of your Windows, as it results in a fresh and fast-moving PC.