- Download and Install Windows Updates Automatically
- Download Windows Updates automatically but Choose when to Install them
- Check for Updates but Choose when to Download and Install them
- Never check for, Download, or Install Updates
- Check, Download, Install, and Reboot automatically
- Check, Download, Install automatically and then choose to Reboot
“Updates. The software periodically checks for system and app updates, and downloads and installs them for you. You may obtain updates only from Microsoft or authorized sources, and Microsoft may need to update your system to provide you with those updates. By accepting this agreement, you agree to receive these types of automatic updates without any additional notice.”
Every software program needs frequent updates, but the ability of Windows users to permanently delay Windows software updates has made it difficult for Microsoft to keep its OS platform secure and up-to-date. And the only motive behind this change is to maintain the security of its users safe.
If this happens with the launch of Windows 10, it would be a notable change in any version of Windows OS as Microsoft has talked about Windows 10’s Windows-as-a-Service approach that will receive continuous updates.